The Kinect is Microsoft 3d motion sensor. This device provides valuable information to create and develop different types of interaction. Fields ranging from medical motion recovery to interactive art installations benefit from the data provided by this device.
This workshop consists on an introduction to Kinect working with vvvv and its possibilities. Together we will go through the following steps:
- Presentation and description of the device Kinect.
- Kinect node in vvvv and analysis of the information it offers.
- Visualisation of skeletons using the joint information and tracking of selected joints.
- Introduction to human-computer interaction with Kinect.
- We will create a virtual UI based on virtual elements to modify and control our graphics.
- Time to play and develop different UI, environments and interactions.
The workshop should be appropriate for beginners/intermediate, with basic knowledge of vvvv.